Los Angeles Pool Remodeling: Don’t Forget the Safety Fencing!
When you are looking for Los Angeles remodeling ideas, it is important to remember how to incorporate swimming pool safety fencing. After all, you may have little people in the family or visitors to keep track of and ensure their safety.
Whether it is a new home you bought and wanted to make the pool more to your liking or you have lived in the same house and want something new, keep in mind that drowning is one of the most common reason for death in children under five and that safety fencing can lower that risk.
Current California Pool Fence Laws and Code Standards
Besides just doing the right thing, the state of California and many counties within the state have laws about safety fencing. Some of the basic standards to consider during your Los Angels remodeling project are:
Types of Swimming Pool Safety Fencing
- The fence must be a minimum of 48’³ tall.
- The middle horizontal rail must be at least 45’³ above the bottom horizontal rail so that it cannot be used as a ladder for climbing.
- The spacing between pickets/slats must be less than four inches.
- The space between the bottom horizontal rail and the ground must be less than two inches.
- Any gate must be self-closing and self-latching as well as open out away from the pool area.
Before you think your Los Angeles pool remodeling project will be ruined by unsightly pool safety fencing, consider that there are many options that can work with your design rather than detract. Here are some options to consider:
We’re Here to Help!
- Vinyl/PVC Fencing: As a maintenance free option, it comes in a variety of designs to make it fit your backyard design while adding the necessary security.
- Removable Mesh: This pool safety fence is installed in sections to provide convenience for easy removal and reinstallation.
- Chain Link: This is an economical and durable solution albeit not necessarily the most attractive option.
- Wood: Wood is economical and attractive, but it does require significant maintenance.
- Aluminum: These types of pool safety fences are easy to maintain and widely available. There are minimal maintenance issues to consider.
- Wrought Iron: This is the most customizable option for pool safety fencing, which means it is easy to align with the design of your Los Angeles pool remodeling project. It’s important to note that this type of pool safety fencing is not easily removed once it has been installed.
We can offer you a wide range of recommendations for your yard, design preferences, and budget as part of our Los Angeles pool remodeling solutions, including for those of you that live in La Canada, San Fernando Valley, Beverly Hills, West Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Bel Air, Thousand Oaks, Camarillo, Westlake, Agoura Hills, Calabasas, Simi Valley, Moorpark, Sherman Oaks, Encino, Tarzana, Woodland Hills, Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena, Santa Clarita, Porter Ranch, Northridge and Woodland Hills. Contact us today to learn more!